link to Home Page

Re: What the Zetas SAID re Hale-Bopp

Article: <5igb51$r4f@sjx-ixn8.ix.netcom.com>
From: saquo@ix.netcom.com(Nancy)
Subject: Re: What the Zetas SAID re Hale-Bopp
Date: 9 Apr 1997 15:04:01 GMT

In article: <5hugev$13to$1@news.ccit.arizona.edu> Jim Scotti writes:
>> If a real comet was being tracked, it took a leap AWAY
>> from Jupiter of 3 arc minutes.
>> saquo@ix.netcom.com
>
> We can only observe the comet as it moves and improve our
> estimates for its orbit and produce these new predictions based
> on our best estimates for the orbit. You simply fail to
> understand the difference between our predictions and the
> actual trajectory the comet takes.
> jscotti@LPL.Arizona.EDU (Jim Scotti)

This argument might hold if JPL had published Orbital Elements MONTHS before and then corrected on June 27, 1996, but they published Orbital Elements on May 28, 1996, AND INDICATED WHERE IT WAS OBSERVED AT THAT TIME. Per observations, they said, 936 observations up through May 25. There were 72 observations between May 25 and June 23 when new Orbital Elements posted on June 27 were computed.

There weren't predictions, they were descriptions! We're not talking about Orbital Elements that got out of sync due to the long passage of time and only periodic attention, we're talking about a constantly observed object and Orbital Elements that describe where that object is supposed to be THAT VERY DAY.